Synchronization between Apple devices is incredible, especially when you can execute actions that at first seem complex quickly and easily and without having to download any third-party application. In this post we are going to analyze how you can see the iPhone screen on Mac.
Before executing the process, it is recommended to activate a series of previous functions to facilitate this procedure. To do this, you have to go to Settings and in the control center there are two controls with a symbol either next to a controller. To rearrange those controls, tap next to a control and drag it to another position. Another important aspect is to have the iPhone and the Mac connected to the same Wi-Fi network, since if this is not the case, the process will not be able to run.
How to view iPhone screen on Mac
If you have an iPhone X or later, swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen with one finger. Instead, if you have an iPhone 8 or earlier or iOS 11 or earlier, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- In Control Center, tap “Screen Mirroring”
- Select the Mac that appears in the pop-up window. If you have multiple computers, choose the computer where you want to mirror the screen.
- Sometimes a code may appear to perform the synchronization. It’s a security code. It can be a bit tedious, but Apple always cares about the security of its devices and users.
- The process would be complete. Automatically, you can see your iPhone screen on Mac.
- You can perform any process under this synchronization, from playing games to consuming multimedia content. It is true that if you listen to music or play an Apple Arcade game, the audio will come out from the Mac, so the user experience will be better due to the quality of the speakers that these computers have.
- To stop sharing, you have to reproduce the steps mentioned above.
Stream a video from iPhone to a TV
You can also display content on a TV or monitor through iPhone via AirPlay. As with the previous option, both devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network in order to execute the process. The steps are the following:
- Connect your device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2.1-enabled smart TV
- Find the video you want to stream.
- Tap AirPlay. In some apps, you may need to tap a different button first.2 For example, in the Photos app, tap Share, then tap AirPlay
- Choose your Apple TV or smart TV that supports AirPlay 2.
- To stop streaming, tap AirPlay in the app you’re using, then select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from the list.
In this type of synchronization it is essential to have all the devices updated to the latest version to avoid latency problems or sync drops and thus be able to enjoy a credible user experience due to the synchronization between iOS and macOS and through AirPlay.
Leave us in the comments if you use AirPlay or screen mirroring in your day to day.