Following the release of iOS 16.0.3 with major bug fixes, Apple has released the fifth Beta of iOS 16.1, a version that is expected to be available to all users at the end of this month of October.
iOS 16.1 Beta 5 is now available, along with iPadOS 16 Beta 12, tvOS 16.1 Beta 5 and macOS Ventura Beta 11. The only device that has been left without Beta (for now) is the Apple Watch, which is still with Beta 4 although Beta 5 is likely to be released in the next few days. This new version is likely to be released along with updates for iPad and Mac, which we remember have not yet been updated to the new versions of this year. yese also hopes that this software release will be accompanied by new devices, probably the iPad 2022, which will presumably debut a similar design to the iPadAir, and new MacBooks. These launches are likely to take place without any kind of event, so a press release from Apple and an update to the official website would be the way to go.
The news of iOS 16.1 in these Betas that we have tested are the following:
- option of clean load: In the United States, users will be able to configure their iPhone to recharge with clean energy. The phone will be set to start charging when the power grid is getting its power from low-carbon sources.
- It will be possible delete the Wallet appwhich will remove the ability to pay using Apple Pay.
- battery percentage for more iPhone models: In addition to the models that already have it, we can now add the iPhone XR, 11, 12 mini and 13 mini.
- options lock screen customization and home screen now separate, clearer for the user.
- Live Activities API now available: for widgets that display live information, such as sports scores.
- Matter Integration in the Home app: the new standard that will bring HomeKit support to many more accessories.
- Improvements in Stage Managerin the case of iPadOS 16.1
- Shared iCloud Photo Library, with up to six users.
- New options when saving captures of screen.
- Bigger headphone icon in the Music app.
- New option in Game Center for your friends to find you.