Apple continues to polish its next big update for iPhone, and the first available version of iPadOS 16 for iPad, which they already have beta 4 available for developers with many new features and bug fixes.
Apple has already released the fourth Beta of iOs 16.1 for iPhone, along with the corresponding Betas of the rest of the operating systems: iPadOS 16 Beta 11 for iPads, tvOS 16.1 Beta 4 for Apple TVs, and macOS Ventura Beta 10 for computers. Let’s remember that both Macs and iPads are still waiting for this year’s software update. This new version will bring numerous changes, with corrections of the bugs detected so far in iOS 16, and new features that were not released with the first version.
The main novelties of this new version for iPhone are the following:
- option of clean load: In the United States, users will be able to configure their iPhone to recharge with clean energy. The phone will be set to start charging when the power grid is getting its power from low-carbon sources.
- It will be possible delete the Wallet appwhich will remove the ability to pay using Apple Pay.
- battery percentage for more iPhone models: In addition to the models that already have it, we can now add the iPhone XR, 11, 12 mini and 13 mini.
- options lock screen customization and home screen now separate, clearer for the user.
- Live Activity API now available: for widgets that display live information, such as sports scores.
- Matter Integration in the Home app: the new standard that will bring HomeKit support to many more accessories.
- Improvements in Stage Managerin the case of iPadOS 16.1
- Shared iCloud Photo Library, with up to six users.
- New options when saving captures of screen.
- Bigger headphone icon in the Music app.
- New option in Game Center for your friends to find you.