After a long wait, today iPad users will finally be able to install this new version, iPadOS 16. For this reason, in this post we are going to tell you what all the new features are, as well as the compatible devices where they can be found. can install. So if you want to find out everything, keep reading.
Compatible Mac models
Naturally, the first thing we have to do is tell you which are the iPad models that can be updated to iOS 16.1, and yes, you read correctly, iOS 16.1, since one of the reasons why this update for the iPad arrives later it is because the version that should have come out in September along with iOS 16, which is iPadOS 16, did not work as Apple had devised, so from Cupertino the launch was delayed until iPadOS 16.1 today. Below you have the list with all the compatible iPad.
- iPad mini 5th generation and later.
- iPad 5th generation and later.
- iPad Air 3rd generation and later.
- iPad Pro (all models).
What brings new?
This new version of iPadOS does not turn out to be a great revolution, however, it does add very interesting functions that will allow users to continue evolving in the functions and tasks that they can perform with their iPad, making this device more and more popular into account as a main piece of equipment for both work and leisure, because that is precisely what is good about the iPad, the great versatility it offers to all users. Below we tell you all the news.
- Lots of news in Messages. Apart from everything that comes together in iOS 16, iPadOS 16 and macOS Ventura, in the iPad version users will be able to enjoy an easier way to work as a team, since apps such as Files, Keynote, Pages, Notes, Reminders and Safari make it easy for you to collaborate and manage content through Messages. Obviously, you will also be able to edit messages, delete them and even mark them as unread.
- Freeform, a space to collaborate with your team. Apple has created a kind of canvas through which the different members of a group, a work team or simply a call, can collaborate and work together in real time through the iPad and a FaceTime call. Of course, this is a function that will arrive in future versions of iPadOS 16.
- News in Mail and Photos. These two native applications also incorporate very attractive new features, as is the case in iOS 16 and macOS Ventura. Mail finally has actions that will allow you to postpone, schedule or cancel emails within the first few minutes after hitting the send button. In Photos, Apple introduces the iCloud Shared Photo Library where the different members of the Apple family can share their photos and videos without having to send anything to anyone, just by pressing a button.
- Safari continues to evolve hand in hand with the rest of the iPadOS 16 features that allow you to use the iPad to work in a more collaborative way, since the groups of tabs can now be shared with other users, and even these will be modified in real time depending on the actions taken by those who have access.
- The star feature, the Visual Organizer. Also know as state managerit is the new way that Apple has implemented to be able to see all the windows and applications that a user has open, further increasing the possibilities of working with multitasking and making productivity greater when working with the iPad .
- Full compatibility with external monitors. In conjunction with the Visual Organizer feature, Apple has made all iPads with an M-series processor capable of working with up to 8 different windows, 4 on an external monitor and another 4 on the iPad itself.
All these functions, and some more, are the great attractions of an operating system that will be available from today for all those who want and can update their iPad. Of course, to carry out this update we recommend that you make a backup of your device beforehand, as well as make sure that you have a good internet connection and have enough time to do it slowly and calmly.