Today, Monday, October 24, is the date chosen by Apple to launch the new operating system dedicated to Macs to all users and in this post we are going to tell you everything you need to know about it, its news, the improvements that it brings to all users and, of course, Apple computers compatible with it.
Compatible Mac models
The first thing we want to tell you about is the Macs compatible with macOS Ventura, since it is surely one of the most important points for those users who have doubts about whether or not they can install this operating system on their computers. So, if you are not sure if you can install it on your Mac, keep an eye on the list below.
- iMac from 2017 or later.
- Mac Pro from 2019 or later.
- iMac Pro from 2017 or later.
- MacStudio 2022.
- Mac mini from 2018 or later.
- MacBook from 2017 or later.
- MacBook Air from 2018 or later.
- MacBook Pro from 2017 or later.
What’s new in macOS Ventura
Once you know if your Apple computer is compatible with this version of macOS, let’s get down to business with the new features that this operating system brings. The main thing is that from Cupertino they have worked hard so that the most important things in a computer, which is stability and fluidity, are guaranteed with this new version, since after all, one of the main uses of a Mac is to work. That is why, with macOS, the same thing does not usually happen as with iPadOS or iOS, where Apple can include much more striking and attractive news. Even so, macOS Ventura brings very interesting aspects, let’s go with them.
- visual organizer. We start strong, since this is one of the great novelties that comes to both the Mac and the iPad. Also know as State Managerfrom now on you will be able to automatically organize both the applications and the sales that you have open to be able to concentrate much better on the work you are doing.
- Continuity has been greatly improved in macOS Ventura, and proof of this is the possibility that Apple has included to use the iPhone as if it were a webcam, in addition to introducing that striking overhead view and which many are still amazed at how the company Cupertino has been able to do something like this. In addition, it will also allow you to transfer FaceTime calls between different devices.
- Shared tab groups. Apple wants to greatly enhance the possibilities of its devices in order to work as a team, and without a doubt the shared tab groups, as well as the rest of the functions that they incorporate and that they also share with the iPhone and iPad, will help improve this aspect.
- News in Mail, Messages, Spotlight and Photos. All the news related to these native Apple applications that have already reached iOS 16 and that are released at the same time in both iPadOS and macOS Ventura are also available, making many of them finally able to compete with other alternatives. Noteworthy is the presence of the shared iCloud photo library, where you can share your photos with the rest of the Apple family without having to send anything at all.
- access keys. The interest and work they do from Cupertino so that all users of their devices enjoy the peace of mind that security provides in a world where electronic devices have already become a threat route for cybercriminals is well known. For this, Apple presents the access keys, a new way to authenticate without endangering the integrity of the different user accounts.
All these new features will be available from today, which, as we have mentioned before, is the date chosen by Apple to finally launch macOS Ventura to all users. Of course, when updating we recommend you to have a good internet connection and be patient, since the first few days there are many users who want to update and the servers can reduce their performance.