Apple announced the all-new MacBook Pro and a new MacBook Pro mini on Tuesday in a surprise January launch. The smartphone, which goes on sale on January 24 and starts at just $599, is less expensive than the most recent iPhone 14 series.
According to the company’s statement, the new MacBook Pro M2 Pro chip brings pro-level performance to the Mac mini for the first time, allowing users to run high-performance processes that were previously impractical in such a small design. Mac mini with M2 and M2 Pro also offers advanced connectivity, faster performance, and support for up to two displays on the M2 model and up to three displays on the M2 Pro model.
MacBook Pro Is More Powerful
The Mac mini with M2 Pro has the following advantages over the 27-inch iMac with an Intel Core i7 and Radeon Pro 5500 XT:
- The performance of filters and features in Adobe Photoshop has increased by up to 50%.
- In Adobe Lightroom Classic, the panoramic merging is up to 5.5 times faster.
- Faster object tracking in Final Cut Pro by up to 4.4 times.
- The M2 Pro Mac mini offers the following advantages over the M1 model:
- Affinity Photo’s visual performance has increased by up to 2.5 times.
- ProRes transcoding in Final Cut Pro is up to 4.2x faster.
- Gameplay in Resident Evil Village is up to 2.8 times faster.
“With remarkable capabilities and a vast variety of connections in its tiny size, Mac mini is utilized in so many locations, in so many different ways,” said Greg Joswiak, Apple’s senior vice president of worldwide marketing. With MacBook Pro M2 and M2 Pro, we’re delighted to go even farther today.”
“Mac mini with M2 is a fantastic value, offering even more performance and a lower starting price. Additionally, the Mac mini with M2 Pro is unlike any other desktop in its class for consumers who want outstanding professional performance.”
A typical year for the business involves four launch events, with the first spring event taking place in March when Apple introduces its iMacs and peripherals.