After a few weeks of waiting with several versions in beta state and two candidate versions, Apple has definitely released iOS 16.5, one of the most anticipated updates by all. Not only because it is a new update with interesting news, but also because the month of June is approaching and with it the presentation of all the new features that iOS 17 and iPadOS 17 will bring. From now on you can update your devices to iOS 16.5 to to be able to enjoy all the new features that are incorporated that we will discuss below.
After a long wait… iOS 16.5 is officially with us
iOS 16.5 began its testing period a few weeks ago and after several updates in beta format for developers, both a first release candidate and a second version were released a few days ago. With the launch of this latest Apple warned us of the imminent release of one of the most anticipated updates before the arrival of iOS 17.
The first beta of iOS 16.6 will arrive before WWDC and iOS 17
The main news of this new version are the arrival of the new wallpapers and spheres of the Pride Edition for the Apple Watch that are related to the new strap that will be marketed in a few days to celebrate pride month, like every year. On the other hand, in those countries where Apple News works (Spain is not one of them) it has been included a new Sports tab that allows access to sports information directly from the application. And, finally, Apple echoes the solution to three errors: one of them related to Spotlight, another with the Podcast app and its connection to CarPlay and, finally, a synchronization error with the Time of Use tool. Early betas of iOS 16.5 Apple included the option to record screen with a Siri command, but in this final version we do not have it available.
Update your iPhone over a Wi-Fi network or through Finder/iTunes
remember that Now you can update your devices through the following steps:
- Make sure you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network and have enough charge to download and install the update later. If you don’t have enough battery, iOS will warn you that it won’t be able to continue. We recommend that you connect your device to the light to avoid problems.
- Go to Settings > General > Software update.
- You will see a new update in which we can click on Download and install.
- We will enter our password if we have it and the update will begin.
- After finishing the download, the update will be installed automatically by restarting as many times as the software needs.
If you do not want to install the update through a Wi-Fi network directly from your iPhone, you can do it through iTunes or Finder (if you have a Mac with macOS Catalina or later) by following these steps:
- Connect your iPhone via USB.
- Open Finder or iTunes and select your iPhone from the app in question.
- Tap Check for update or Check for update.
- As soon as the update is detected, we can click on Download and install.
- Next, we will have to wait for it to download and install while the device reboots several times.