Apple just announced in a press release and a mini Keynote (which can be seen on its official website) the launch of new 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pros with the new M2 Pro and M2 Max chips as well as a refresh of the interior of the Mac Mini with M2 chip. Yesterday the rumors were very strong about the launch of new products by Apple throughout today and we have them among us.
The new MacBooks arrive with a renewed interior. The new M2 Pro and M2 Max chips arrive with a 12-core CPU up to 19 cores on the GPU. Apple includes the possibility of increasing up to 32GB of RAM. For the M2 Max, we could even go further, with a 38-core graphics and 96GB of RAM.
As for storage options, lThe new MacBook Pros start at 512GB of memory and can increase it up to 8TB (nothing bad). However, despite the fact that in the last hours a possible change in the range of colors was rumored, andThese are only available in the already classic Space Gray and Silver like the previous generation. A pity that Midnight of the Air has not arrived. Finally, Apple tells us that they can reach up to 22 hours of autonomy. A full day even for those who sleep little.
In addition to the M2 Pro and M2 Max chips inside, the new MacBook Pro models include other improvements as well. The HDMI port has been updated to the HDMI 2.1 standard, which offers support for 8K displays up to 60Hz and 4K displays up to 240Hz. For the first time, the MacBook Pro also offers Wi-Fi 6E connectivity, which according to Apple offers speeds “up to twice as fast” as before.
Switching to desktops, Apple has announced the new Mac Mini with M2 with additional good news to the inclusion of the M2 chip since it is rare today in Apple: a price drop, up to €719. The Mini model comes with 10 graphics cores, 256 GB of SSD storage and 8 GB of RAM.
M2 Pro and M2 Max chip performance
Let’s take a look at the new M2 Pro and M2 Max chips. These are some of the statistics on the performance of the M2 Pro, according to Apple:
- A 30% more graphics performance.
- The Neuronal Engine is 40% fasterwhich speeds up machine learning tasks especially for video analysis and image processing.
- The Title and animation rendering in Motion is up to 80% faster than the fastest Intel MacBook Pro and up to 20% faster than the previous generation of M.
- the compilation in Xcode is up to 2.5 times faster than MacBook Pro with Intel processor and cthus 25% faster than in the previous generation of M.
- Image processing in Adobe Photoshop is up to 80% faster than the fastest Intel-based MacBook Pro and up to 40% faster than the previous generation of M.
And the M2 Max performance is the following (in addition to having everything that the Pro supposes):
- 12 core CPU with up to eight high-performance cores and four high-efficiency cores that deliver up to 20% more performance than M1 Max.
- The effects rendering in Cinema 4D is up to 6 times faster than the fastest Intel MacBook Pro and up to 30% faster than the previous generation of M.
- The color grading in DaVinci Resolve is up to 2x faster than the Intel MacBook Pro and up to 30% faster than the previous generation of M.
The prices of MacBooks start at €2,449 and the Mac Mini, as we have already mentioned, at €719. Is anyone here already thinking about renewing their laptop or desktop with this great update from Apple?