Unfortunately, one of the most important features of the Apple Watch Ultra, which is the ability to send money, is only available in the US. However, there are some mechanisms to be able to activate it in Spain and, in this article, we are going to see it.
How to activate the function of sending money from the Apple Watch Ultra in Spain?
Before moving forward in the article, it is essential to bear in mind that the reason why this function is not available in Spain and, therefore, in Europe is because Apple has not obtained authorization from the banking authorities and competent authorities of the European Union. Therefore, in the event that you carry out any type of transaction, always be careful and use international banks with a presence in the United States and Spain. The steps are the following:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Language & Region.
- Change the one from Spain to the one from the United States and establish your Apple ID in that region.
- Restart your iPhone and make sure your Apple Watch Ultra is paired with it.
- Update your Apple Watch software to the latest version. Remember that both the iPhone and the Apple Watch have to be on the same version of iOS and watchOS.
- Open the Messages app on Apple Watch Ultra.
- Start a new conversation or select an existing conversation, tap the App Store button, then tap the “Apple Cash” button.
- Turn the Digital Crown or touch the plus or minus buttons to select a whole dollar figure.
- Tap Send, confirm the payment, then double-tap the side button to send.
Remember that all transactions
cancel a payment
Just as you can send money from Apple Watch Ultra, you can Cancel also a payment. The process consists of three very simple steps that we are going to see next and that are not very different from the operations that you have carried out on other occasions.
- Open the Wallet app on Apple Watch Ultra.
- Tap to select a card, then scroll through the list of transactions.
- Tap the unpaid transaction and tap “Cancel Payment”
Finally, you can also open the Apple Watch app on iPhone, tap My Watch, then Wallet & Apple Pay, then Apple Cash. Tap Transactions, tap the unpaid transaction, then tap Cancel Payment.
Details of your transactions
To see the transactions you make with Apple Cash on iPhone, you need to go to the Apple Watch app on iPhone and tap My Watch, then tap Wallet & Apple Pay. Tap the Apple Cash card, then tap Transactions. To receive a PDF statement of your Apple Cash transaction history by email, tap the Apple Cash card, tap Transactions, swipe all the way to the bottom, then tap Request Transaction Statement. The information that it gives you is the following:
- View transactions in Messages: Open the Messages app on Apple Watch Ultra and tap an Apple Pay message to see a summary of your transactions.
- View transactions in Wallet: Open the Wallet app on Apple Watch Ultra, tap a card, then scroll to see a list of transactions. Touch a transaction to see the details.