The 24-inch iMac was introduced in April 2021, being the first Apple desktop to incorporate the Apple Silicon M1 chip. However, despite the fact that it includes several access ports, it lacks variety of them. Therefore, in this post, we are going to analyze an adapter that meets the needs of most users.
Satechi USB-C Hub: the ideal complement for your iMac
When Apple introduced the new 24-inch iMac, it was clear that it was aimed at a young and dynamic audience. For this reason, among its novelties it included a renewed design with reduced frames and a minimum thickness for all the power and features offered by this new desktop. However, in this redesign Apple opted for the permanence of the Thunderbolt in the back of the iMac, so for professionals in video editing, photography or graphic designers, the input ports are not compatible for their workflow. having to resort to accessories.
To solve the port access problem, the writing team of La Manzana Mordida considers that this Satechi Hub is essential to work on the iMac, improve the user experience and take out all the projects that users have to develop with it. Here are the main features:
- variety of ports: This Satechi Hub includes an SD and micro SD Card reader, a USB-C data port with a transfer rate of 5GBps and USB-A 3.0. However, it does not support the CD reader menu, including Apple Superdrive, so it is an aspect to take into account if you purchase this tool and need to use CD
- Redesigned iMac, but the same classic solutions: This Satechi accessory has a very elegant and modern design and for iMac veterans, it is very reminiscent of the accessories that every user purchased for their iMac device to work much more efficiently and quickly.
- Easy to install: The Satechi Hub features an updated design that allows for attachment to the 24-inch iMac. In addition, it features an adjustable knob to position it in the most correct way on the back of your iMac, without the need for additional tools. This adapter features a USB-C cable
- Incompatibility with previous modelsNote: Lastly, this new Satechi adapter is only compatible with 24-inch iMacs, so 2020 and older models are not valid.
Sleek design, like the new iMac: This accessory is available in silver and blue, but it does not include all the colors that the new iMacs come with as standard, which is why it is one of its main disadvantages.
- Location of the connections: Having the connections on the front of the computer is one of the most important benefits of this adapter, as it makes the connection job much easier and you don’t have to move your 24-inch iMac every time you need to connect your computer.
Let us know in the comments if you have a 24-inch iMac and have used this accessory to work with a wider variety of ports.