AirPods are incredible devices in any of its three models. However, they are devices that get dirty the most due to their daily use and where they are located. In this post, we are going to see how to clean AirPods correctly.
How to clean your iPhone correctly?
AirPods are one of the devices that are dirty due to sweat or dirt on the auricular paving, it also soils the box that contains them. Therefore, the first thing we have to take into account when cleaning the device is to clean the headphones on the one hand and the charging box on the other. The first thing to use is isopropyl alcohol wipes.
These types of towels have a very low price and work for any electronic device that you buy, that is, they are valid for both the iPhone and the AirPods. Construction materials and its components makes it dry much faster, and does not damage the components. The isopropyl has to be 70% or 75% ethyl alcohol. Also, it is recommended to use Clorox brand towels for the hard, non-porous surfaces of Apple products.
How to clean AirPods Max?
To clean AirPods Max we have to follow a series of tips, such as not putting the AirPods Max under the tap, use a soft, dry, lint-free cloth, as lint can embed itself in the sound outlet and obstruct it. Then we’ll see the steps we have to taketo clean the ear cushions and headband.
- Remove the ear pads from the headphones.
- When cleaning the headband, hold your AirPods Max upside down to prevent liquid from getting into the headband attachment point.
- Moisten a lint-free cloth with soapy solution, wring it out lightly, and gently wipe the ear cushions and headband for one minute each.
- Clean the ear pads and headband with different cloths slightly dampened with running water.
- Dry the ear pads and headband with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth, making sure to remove any excess moisture.
- Lay AirPods Max flat to dry for at least a day before replacing the tips and using them.
How to clean AirPods or AirPods Pro
The process to clean AirPods is the same as described above both for the AirPods as for the case. To do this, we have to clean the charging case with a soft, dry and lint-free cloth. If necessary, you can slightly dampen the cloth with isopropyl alcohol. Let the charging case dry. It is very important that liquid does not enter through the charging ports.
If we want to clean the AirPods Pro pads, we have to do the following four steps:
- If water has collected on the ear tip, gently tap the AirPod against a soft, dry, lint-free cloth with the ear tip opening facing down to remove it.
- Remove the tips from each AirPod and rinse them with water. Do not use soap or other household cleaning products.
- Dry the pads with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth. Make sure the tips are completely dry before you put them back on the AirPods.
- Reposition the tips on each AirPod. The ear tips are oval in shape, so make sure you’ve lined them up correctly before reattaching them to the AirPods.