Apple has already released the iOS 16.4 Beta 2 for Developersalong with all the other Beta 2 of the rest of the platforms, and here we tell you all the news of this new version that will soon reach our iPhone.
Apple has released iOs and iPadOS 16.4 Beta 2 for iPhone and iPad, but also the respective WatchOS 9.4 and tvOS 16.4 Betas 2. While the latter bring few changes to their devices beyond improvements and bug fixes, the versions for iPhone and iPad do. They bring a good handful of new features that are added to those we already saw in the first Beta of 16.4 and what we tell you next.
- If we create shortcuts to websites on our desktop (what are called web-apps), it will will receive push notifications with new posts from those websites (if they have it activated) and we can even see the notification “badges” on them (the little red circles with a number).
- The third-party browsers (Chrome, for example) can now create web-appssomething previously only reserved for Safari.
- new emoji that belong to the Unicode Standard 15.0 that was announced last July and that include, for example, the Wi-Fi network icon, animals like jellyfish, goose, donkey, plant icons like ginger, new tools like maracas, and a long etcetera.
- Changes in how are Betas receivedwhich will now be tied to your Apple ID account, with no profiles to install on your device.
- 5G improvements to be compatible with “real” 5G networks which are currently not available in most countries and operators. At the moment only T-Mobile in the US, Softbank in Japan, Vivo and TIM in Brazil.
- return the page turn animation within the Books app.
- improvements in the podcast interfacenot only for iPhone or iPad, but also for CarPlay.
- Improvements to Focus Modes that now include the ability to enable or disable the always-on display depending on the active concentration mode.
- Shortcuts now includes the option to turn the screen on or off always on.
- improvements of interface in the Music app with new animations. At the moment nothing is known about the supposed “Classic Apple Music” but there are clues in the iOS 16.4 Beta 2 code that make us suspect that you will be able to arrive soon.
- New option in settings for see Apple Care+ for all your devices.
- The links to Mastodon that you send through the Messages app will show a preview of the content
- New shipment tracking widget for those products that you buy using Apple Pay from your device
- New option within the accessibility menu It decreases the bright and flickering lights of videos.
The content of the article adheres to our principles of editorial ethics. To report an error click here.