As you already know, watchOS 10 is the best version of the operating system in the history of the Watch, which has carried out a complete redesign of the entire interface, to which we have to add the inclusion of new functionalities in the health application and fitness, one of which is aimed at supporting mental health. Let’s see below how you can take advantage of this application in this new generation of WatchOS.
Mental health, key in our daily lives
Apple knows that mental health is key in our day, and not having good health in this area is key to many of the problems we have on a daily basis. Specifically, Apple describes this feature as follows:
“Mental health is as important as physical health and research shows that reflecting on your mood can help develop emotional awareness and resilience. With the Mindfulness app on watchOS 10, users can discreetly and conveniently record their momentary emotions and daily moods. “Users can rotate the Digital Crown to scroll through engaging, multi-dimensional shapes to choose how they feel, select what has the greatest impact on them, and describe their feelings.”
How to analyze mood on Apple Watch?
Next, we are going to see how we can analyze the mood with our Apple Watch, the function that is available on the iPhone in the health application with iOS 17. The steps are the following:
- On your Apple Watch running watchOS software version 10, open the Mindfulness app
- Click on the new Mood option
- After you tap Start the first time you open it, record how you feel at that moment or record how you “generally felt” during the day.
- First you will see neutral, swipe or use the Digital Crown to select from the seven options, which are as follows: very unpleasant, unpleasant, slightly unpleasant, neutral, slightly pleasant, pleasant, very pleasant.
- Next, tap the check mark in the top right corner to select a mood. However, you can optionally add what emotion(s) you are feeling
- Finally, if you wish, you can record the option of “what has the greatest impact on you”.
If you want, you can record your mood every morning and set a reminder to let you know and tell your Watch how you feel.
How to track your mood?
To track your mood on an iPhone running iOS 17, head to the app Health < Explore tab < Mental well-being < mental status < registration. Let’s see the process below.
- The Apple Watch has different emotions that you can use to describe in more detail how you feel.
- Then, you have to register the one that has the most impact for you at the time of registration and choose several values for it.
Finally, to see the previous mood recordshead to the iPhone Health app < explore < mental well-being and you can record new mood entries from your iPhone.