The good weather arrives and it is a good time to start hiking or practicing sports in the mountains. For this reason, in this post we have highlighted three incredible applications to practice sports next to beautiful nature.
It is an application of routes and navigation for outdoor activities such as hiking, biking and trail running. Also, ViewRanger is known for its maps. detailed topographical and the ability to download maps for your use No internet connection, which is great for taking it to rural areas where the connection is not stable. Let’s take a look at some features:
- Detailed topographic maps: ViewRanger offers high-quality topographic maps, including maps from providers such as Ordnance Survey (UK), IGN (France), and USGS (United States), making it easy to navigate difficult and unfamiliar terrain.
- Route planning: From within the app, users can create and customize routes in the app, choosing start and end points, and adjusting route preferences such as distance and terrain type based on their needs and goals.
- Navigation and tracking in real time: with visual and voice prompts to guide users along their routes.
- Share and discover routes: Users can share their experiences and discover itineraries generated by others in the ViewRanger community, greatly enhancing the app, allowing them to explore new areas and connect with other outdoor enthusiasts.
Komoot is an application of route planning and navigation for outdoor activities, as well as being able to establish itineraries for activities such as cycling, hiking and trail running. We will highlight some features below:
- Personalized route planning: Komoot allows users to create personalized courses based on their preferences, determining the type of terrain, level of difficulty and duration. The app takes factors such as elevation profile, road surface, and points of interest into account when generating routes.
- Integration with GPS devices and wearables: Komoot is compatible with various GPS devices and wearables, allowing users to sync their route and navigation data with devices like Garmin, Wahoo, and Apple Watch.
- Share and discover routes: Users can share their rides and discover itineraries created by others in the Komoot community. In addition, you can record your activities and experiences by adding photos and notes, making it easy for you and users on future routes to keep track.
Finally, we cannot forget about Strava, an application of sports tracking and social network Developed for runners and cyclists. Contains all the necessary settings for customize your operation, allowing you to record your activities, plan and share routes, and connect with other athletes. Let’s meet your characteristics next:
- Route planning and sharing: Users can plan and share running and cycling paths, allowing them to discover new routes in their area and connect with other athletes, learning their opinions and most interesting aspects of it.
- Challenges and competitions: Strava offers regular challenges and competitions to keep users motivated and engaged in their sports activities and improve their records. In addition, this form of competition generates a kind of social network where you can follow leisure partners and like activities carried out by others.
By way of conclusion, it goes without saying that these three applications synchronize incredibly with our Apple Watch, although you can also use other smart watches.